[Lazarus] fpGUI

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 04:13:46 CET 2011

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 17:18:57 +0100
> Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
>>
>>> Lets say the Form unit is called frm_main.pas, it will have a structure
>>> as follows:
>> [...]
>> This code is not very compatible with the new AutoSize,
>
> ?

Provided that we want to use such a model in the LCL...

...I wonder how much of the AutoSize and AnchorDocking related
properties must be implemented in a designer and the generated code, in
order to make the forms behave reasonably realistic at both design and
run time.

...When we now have CreateNew and DisableAutoSize everywhere, then the
code generators/parsers of separate designers must be updated with every
such change in the LCL.

...I just try to imagine how somebody sits and makes the IDE and
designers work again, when some such change prevents the old forms from
working properly ;-)

DoDi