[Lazarus] fpGUI

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jan 17 10:24:23 CET 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 04:13:46 +0100
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
> > On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 17:18:57 +0100
> > Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> >> [...]
> >> This code is not very compatible with the new AutoSize,
> >
> > ?
>
> Provided that we want to use such a model in the LCL...

constructor TForm1.Create(TheOwner: TComponent);
begin
  inherited Create(TheOwner);
  {%region 'Auto-generated GUI code' -fold}
  {%formdata automatically added by Lazarus}
  {%formdata}
  {%endregion}
end;

> ...I wonder how much of the AutoSize and AnchorDocking related
> properties must be implemented in a designer and the generated code, in
> order to make the forms behave reasonably realistic at both design and
> run time.

Nothing.

> ...When we now have CreateNew and DisableAutoSize everywhere, then the
> code generators/parsers of separate designers must be updated with every
> such change in the LCL.

The constructor is already enclosed in Disable/EnableAutoSizing.

> ...I just try to imagine how somebody sits and makes the IDE and
> designers work again, when some such change prevents the old forms from
> working properly ;-)

It will be optionally.

Mattias