[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 08:07:47 CET 2011

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 23:25:32 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I know how to build Lazarus, but not how to build FPC...
>>
>>See this tutorial to build FPC and Lazarus on Windows:
>>http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29
>>

>The instructions tell me to download FPC 2.5.1 but I don't want that,
>I want to just *recompile* my 2.4.2 with the single source change
>being the patch of sqldb.pp I received in a post here.
>
>It also tells me to get binutil stuff from a fpc fixes branch,
>http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/branches/fixes_2_4/install/binw32
>using TortoiseSVN, but when I try that exactly nothing happens. :-(
>
>Then I tried this command line command (all on one line):
>
>svn co
>http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/branches/fixes_2_4/install/binw32
>binw32
>
>But it stalled completely, nothing was shown unlike when I retrieved
>the lazarus sources.

I just realized that it could be a firewall issue and sure enough, I
had a VPN channel open to the company and the svn call was apparently
blocked by the VPN. When I shut down VPN the svn command worked fine.

Now I got the binutils in one svn command. :-)

Sorry to have blamed the fpc svn! It was an error on my side.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden