[Lazarus] "Select another LCL Widget Set"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jan 28 11:35:27 CET 2011

On 01/27/2011 05:45 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> GUI free embedded applications are not the goal of the LCL - the
> Lazarus component library.
> Of course it is goal of the Lazarus IDE to help creating embedded
> applications written with FPC.
IMHO, It's not a good idea to prevent "Delphi-style" event driven
programming, using TTimers and "normal" Event-based Worker-Thread to
Main-Thread-signaling for embedded project.
> IMHO this and many other threads about this topic gave another
> conclusion: Those who needs it don't want to do it.
Maybe "they" (like me) currently don't need it, but just found a class
of applications (see the other mail) that ask for it and that they and
others might want to do at a later point in time, so that it might be
useful to offer some help if anybody feels like doing the plunge.

-Michael