[Lazarus] Frames etc. problems

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jul 11 18:01:23 CEST 2011

 Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> hat am 11. Juli 2011 um 18:38
geschrieben:

 > In working with an frame I get any number of errors :-(
 > [Win32]
 >
 > It looks to me as if the (main) form resource is not updated properly,
 > at the right time:
 >
 > 1) Frame.alClient (alLeft...) is not really honored. The frame is marked
 > as occupying the according space in the container form, but its
 > components are not (always) resized.
Can you provide an example?

 > 2) An event handler, implemented in the frame and added to one of its
 > components, cannot be set when the form is loaded.
Please create a bug report.

> The .lfm contains only the method name, perhaps the object name is missing?

Can you give an example?

 > 3) Sometimes it helps to remove the frames, and to add them again, but
 > not always.
Helps for what?

 > 4) Events seem to be triggered while the frame is *loaded*.
Can you give an example?

 > Some more bugs, with components inside the frame:
 >
 > 5) Clearing a combobox.Text doesn't work, at runtime the control always
 > contains its Name.
Please create a bug report with an example.

 > 6) How to use an DirectoryEdit?
 >
 > Which is the right event to use for reacting after the user has choosen
 > a directory? I tried EditingDone, but this event is triggered already
 > when the component is loaded[4].
I don't know this component well, but that's probably a bug. Please report.

 > Can the dialog be opened by code?
 >

 > And a last question: what's the preferred procedure for scanning a
 > directory? FindFirstFile etc. look a bit window-ish to me.
 See for example unit fileutil function DeleteDirectory.

 Mattias