[Lazarus] Creating patches

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jul 9 09:31:15 CEST 2011

Florian Klämpfl schrieb:
> Am 08.07.2011 23:42, schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:
>> How can I create and apply patches to Lazarus?
>>
>> First problem is SVN, which does not allow for "incremental" patches,
>> i.e. a big patch cannot be split into smaller steps, as frequently
>> requested by the developers. Solutions?
>
> Ask for an svn branch with write access.

Ask whom?
[I've already write access to the docs and examples directories, but
lost my passwords with my old machine]

>> Next problem are patches created by Git, which seem to be undecipherable
>> by TortoiseSVN "Apply patch..." on Windows. Which tools can be used, on
>> which platform, to apply diffs or patches? [see TabCtrl0/1.patch on
>> Mantis http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19575].
>
> svn-apply can be used to apply patches to svn created by git
> format-patch:
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/scripts/florian/unix/svn-apply
>
> Tested on unix only.

How do I use it at all? On Windows?

In Ubuntu 10.4 I tried Kompare, which only damaged the working copy of
Lazarus (directories vanished...). The patches have been visualized
correctly until I tried Apply All - then the changes to a couple of
files were undone, and some files were stored in /tmp with meaningless
names, with a "cannot modify..." message. All affected directory trees
(e.g. lcl/) seem to have disappeared afterwards :-(

DoDi