[Lazarus] Creating patches

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sat Jul 9 13:06:35 CEST 2011

Am 09.07.2011 09:31, schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:
> Florian Klämpfl schrieb:
>> Am 08.07.2011 23:42, schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:
>>> How can I create and apply patches to Lazarus?
>>>
>>> First problem is SVN, which does not allow for "incremental" patches,
>>> i.e. a big patch cannot be split into smaller steps, as frequently
>>> requested by the developers. Solutions?
>>
>> Ask for an svn branch with write access.
>
> Ask whom?
> [I've already write access to the docs and examples directories, but
> lost my passwords with my old machine]

Some of the lazarus people? Mattias, Vincents, Marc ...

>>> Next problem are patches created by Git, which seem to be undecipherable
>>> by TortoiseSVN "Apply patch..." on Windows. Which tools can be used, on
>>> which platform, to apply diffs or patches? [see TabCtrl0/1.patch on
>>> Mantis http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19575].
>>
>> svn-apply can be used to apply patches to svn created by git
>> format-patch:
>> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/scripts/florian/unix/svn-apply
>>
>> Tested on unix only.
>
> How do I use it at all? On Windows?

No idea, I use it only on linux.

But I'am pretty sure, if you publish a git branch, someone of the
lazarus people will be able to apply such a branch to svn. It's not
needed to attach a patch to the bug reports, a link to a patch or a
git/hg branch is probably fine as well.