[Lazarus] FPDoc tracker

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jul 16 12:08:58 CEST 2011

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

>> A "raw text" output (without attributes) would be helpful, in addition
>> to HTML etc. formats.
>
> A text output format exists.

Ah, I didn't notice that.

> I think you should use attributes instead of tags. fpdoc is not very
> forgiving of 'unknown' tags. It does not care so much about attributes,
> though.

Good to know :-)

>> BTW do there exist intentions to extend the XML files for e.g.
>> multiple languages? When all versions can co-exist in one file, it
>> would be much easier to track modifications, and to find consequently
>> affected text.
>
> The original idea was to add a 'language' attribute to the <element> tag.
> Thus allowing multiple elements with the same name, but different
> languages. The '--language' command-line option would then be used to
> select the correct tag.
> However, I never got round to implementing it.

Can namespaces serve the same purpose?

> Experience with the FPC website shows that chances of having
> multi-language documentation are virtually 0. Basically, I think the
> FPC/Lazarus community is too small for the effort it takes.

Well, the community might grow when there exists better and nationalized
documentation. IMO the procedures and tools for improving the FPDoc
documentation are not well known, and translations make no sense without
the multi-language display feature :-(

DoDi