[Lazarus] Building Lazarus for Windows

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 16:30:17 CEST 2011

Marcos Douglas wrote:
> 2011/7/18 Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com>:
>> I noticed that the Make path was empty, and after comparing to the other
>> installations it seems that the ..\fpc\bin\i386-32 did not contain the full
>> set of files. There were only 48 files the compared with the 70 or so in the
>> others, and make was one of the missing ones. The package recompile was
>> using the wrong set of utilities. The problem may have been in the FPC
>> compilation. So back to the drawing board on that.
>
> Did you do each step this tutorial?
> Try do not change anything. Just follow the tuturial.
>
> The binaries in ..\fpc\bin\i386-32 are made by Make. If you do not
> compile FPC with success some files may not have been generated.

I've just completed a build of 2.4.4 on W2K, and after completion found
that the binaries directory didn't include make etc. so I added a
directory from the source tree to my path.

I also noticed that "make install" had failed (silently) to build an
fpc.cfg, presumably because it couldn't find gcc.

I also noticed that the fpc.cfg that the 2.4.2 binary installer created
had an explicit reference to 2.4.2, rather than using $fpcversion.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk