[Lazarus] Documentation style

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:14:09 CEST 2011

On 07/25/2011 07:56 AM, tim launchbury wrote:

> I feel that the documentaion formatting style consistency is important
> and therefore would support the suggestion that the jedi formatter be
> extended to cover this.

Huh? "Jedi Formatter" (which I assume you are referring to is actual JCF
or Jedi Code Formatter) is just that... it formats source code. It has
nothing to do with documentation or the formatting of that documentation.

Class documentation is defined in XML, and it is the FPC's fpdoc program
that generates documentation from that XML using one of many output
writers (PDF, HTML, CHM, INF, Man, Text, RTF, Delphi XML etc). This
process is very similar to DocBook. Formatting of documentation output
is defined in how the "output writers" in fpdoc are coded - that is not
end-user configurable.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/