[Lazarus] RE : RE : Lazarus on Solaris 10

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Wed Jul 27 14:55:19 CEST 2011

> Currently working on the Wiki. I've split out the packages needed for
> Subversion, I built it on an older server a few weeks ago and
> experience
> suggests that it's going to be easier to build a client from source
> rather than pulling in Apache etc.

That is indeed a problem with packages: you pull in a lot of unused stuff.
Subversion client uses libapr and libaprutil which is in the apache package.
Don't know if you can get around that dependency by building from source.

> What version of the libpng package have you got (and what's
> the command
> to check)? I'm getting
>
> Linking ../lazarus
> /usr/local/lib/libcairo.so: undefined reference to
> `png_set_expand_gray_1_2_4_to_8'
>
> and since Cairo's been updated I suspect libpng should be as well.

The libpng package on my system is 1.2.44. It seems I forgot to add this
package to the list of packages to install.

To confirm the installed version:

$ pkginfo -il | less

Type /libpng to locate.

Cairo uses libpng12.so. /usr/local/lib/libpng12.so.0 points to
libpng12.so.0.44.0

What is weird though is that the original solaris
/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0.38.0 has png_set_expand_gray_1_2_4_to_8. I'm not sure
anymore why I installed the libpng from SFW and if it was needed for lazarus
or something else I installed later.

Ludo