[Lazarus] RE : Determining OS

Chris Kelling kellingc at cox.net
Sun Jul 31 20:29:20 CEST 2011

I am looking to distribute my software to pc, linux, unix, and mac users.
I'm using the registry in Windows, and was going to use systemd for linux.
>From what I'm gathering, it would be best to just do a simple config or ini
file in the root directory of the program.  I'm thinking that when creating
the installer, I will ask where the program will reside, and provide a
default that is platform independent.  That way all I need to do is provide
the deb or rpm for linux, the msi for windows, and what ever unix and apple
require (OS X is a flavor of Darwin, thus the debain packager maybe?)

  _____