[Lazarus] Installer recommendations

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 22:39:54 CEST 2011

On 31 July 2011 17:18, David M. Lawrence <dave at fuzzo.com> wrote:
> Back in the ancient days when I got Delphi, it was bundled with a version of
> InstallShield.  Can ya'll recommend any decent -- preferably free --
> replacements?  If you like the Windows installer system, can anyone point me
> to a decent tutorial explaining how to use it?

I can strongly recommend the Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset:

http://wix.sourceforge.net/

It's an interface to the Windows Installer where you define all the
specifics of your project in an XML file.  It the compiles and links
into an msi file.  Documentation and tutorials are good.  I've
switched some of our products over to it and we haven't looked back.
It even does automatic driver installs.

Henry