[Lazarus] Installer recommendations

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 23:43:47 CEST 2011

On 31 July 2011 22:39, Henry Vermaak wrote:
> It's an interface to the Windows Installer where you define all the
> specifics of your project in an XML file.  It the compiles and links
> into an msi file.

I can't comment on WiX (never knew about it), but I can say our
company had terrible experiences with Windows Installer (msi files).
Apps kept restoring, it's a bitch to actually uninstall an app,
upgrading apps where a nightmare too. So much so, what we reverted
back to an old version of InstallShield Developer.  So I guess your
mileage my vary. :-/

  - Graeme -