[Lazarus] error compiling latest SVN laz...

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jun 2 10:23:31 CEST 2011

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 20:05:45 -0400
waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:

> FPC 2.4.5 r17621 (17628??) svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_4
> LAZ 0.9.31 r31002 svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk
>
> i wiped my existing svn installs, ran an svn update on both, then did the make
> thing... i'm following the Installing_Lazarus page from the wiki and have to
> start all over each time for some reason but that's another thread... in any
> case, my OS is w2ksp4 (Microsoft (R) Windows Version 5.0 (Build 2195; Service
> Pack 4))... here's the logged output...
>
> [...]
> Compiling cleandirdlg.pas
> Compiling showdeletingfilesdlg.pas
> Compiling compatibilityrestrictions.pas
> Compiling restrictionbrowser.pas
> Compiling projectwizarddlg.pas
> Compiling idecmdline.pas
> Compiling resource ..\units\i386-win32\lazarus.or
> Linking ..\lazarus.exe
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> An unhandled exception occurred at $00420D86 :
> Exception : Unknown Run-Time error : 112
>    $00420D86
>    $0044FC4C
>    $0044FAD8
>    $00401836
>
> make[2]: *** [lazarus.exe] Error 217
> make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/freepascal/laz/ide'
> make[1]: *** [ide] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/freepascal/laz/ide'
> make: *** [ide] Error 2
>
> C:\freepascal\laz>cd \freepascal
>

> i have complete compile logs for both, FPC and LAZ... these include both stdout
> and stderr output... what else do you need to know to help me get back to a
> working LAZ??

First of all: Always have a backup of a working lazarus executable.

You encountered a fpc bug.

Revert any have local modifications to lazarus and/or fpc (TortoiseSVN
or whatever you use).

Build lazarus clean again. If the same bug happens, do a normal build.

If this does not work: try another version of fpc.

Mattias