[Lazarus] Several issues

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jun 5 23:22:22 CEST 2011

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 21:45:57 +0200
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
>
> >> - Rebuild IDE doesn't honor "with packages" off, always builds *with*
> >> packages.
> >
> > I removed the obsolete option.
>
> How can I rebuild the IDE *without* packages,

This happens automatically. When the packages have not changed, only
the IDE is rebuild. Just like any project.

> or with different sets of packages, for testing purposes?

a) the pcp parameter
b) the install packages dialog allows save/load of sets
c) see below

> It were sufficient to have the Lazarus.lpi (or a new one) for that
> purpose, provided that it behaves like the rebuilt IDE.

The lazarus.lpi only allows to run and debug the IDE.
The set of installed packages are stored in the primary config
directory.

You can save lazarus.lpi as lazarus2.lpi and enable the building in
the compiler options. Then you can install any packages you like.

> Background: I'm playing around with the IDEDockMaster (and more), and I
> have to determine frequently whether my changes affect the IDE in
> general, or only the IDE with a DockMaster or other package.
>
> Hint: In former times Lazarus.lpi did not install any packages.

Mattias