[Lazarus] New application type: HTTP standalone server

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jun 6 15:27:43 CEST 2011

On 06/06/2011 03:14 PM, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> I happen to be familiar with Graeme's fpGUI code.
>
> Since his event loop code is very GUI and OS specific, I doubt this
> path will lead anywhere.
> (I have warned about this before).
That of course is not nice :(

OTOH, I feel that fpGUI is better suitable for a move in this direction
than any other Widget Type's code.

I did take a deep look at the event queue code of MSEGUI. Same is
perfect, but using it as it is would re-implement a lot of classes that
already are existing in the LCL (it uses a cascade of "List" classes
that finally the event FIFO is derived from). At that time I managed to
do a working event queue with Martin's code, that I could compile with
Lazarus as an enhancement to the noGUI Widget Type . But I stopped this
design path, as I did not intend to suggest such a duplication of
functionality.

-Michael