[Lazarus] non-sensical window repositioning

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:04:39 CEST 2011

On 06/24/2011 01:49 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> begin
>   Application.Initialize;
>   Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
>   Form1.Left := 0;
>   Form1.Top := 0;
>   Form1.Width := 1680;
>   Form1.Height := 1050;
>   Application.Run;
> end.

I adjusted that to one of my monitors 1440x900 max resolution.  I then
placed a OnShow event on the form, which output the coordinates and size
again.

The output was:
  t:0  l:0  w:1440  h:1440

????

The Height is all wrong! But it did take up as much screen space as the
desktop allows - which excluded the two panels. One panel at the top
(menus, time, etc) and one panel at the bottom (task manager).

But if you want true fullscreen, then LCL propbably needs a WindowState
addition like wsFullScreen or something - I assume it doesn't already exist.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/