[Lazarus] More to discuss about Main-Menu

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 5 12:06:40 CET 2011

On 05.03.2011 10:43, Samuel Herzog wrote:
> Thanks for cleaning up these things.
> Just for fun I counted the number of menu-items we have at the moment.
> It's 154 menu-items!
>
> There is more to discuss about main-menu items.
>
> A) I think the menu-item "Project" is more important than the menu-item
> "File".
> So it should be the first item. Or put these two into one menu-item.

I don't think this is a good idea:
1. "File" is the first menu item in basically all applications that
exist out there, so this would be a big inconsistency (although -
granted - an IDE is a bit of special software)
2. The tasks that are in the "File" menu are very different to the tasks
in the "Project" menu, so it would be a very bad idea in my opinion to
merge them.

> B) The items "Build","Build All","Abort Build","Quick Compile" should be
> placed in the "Project" menu-item or the main menu-item "Run" should be
> renamed.

Here I'd prefer the first solution. ;)

Regards,
Sven