[Lazarus] The perfect Linux distro for FPC and Lazarus development

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 11:58:13 CET 2011

On 7 March 2011 10:25, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Op 2011-03-07 12:09, Mark Morgan Lloyd het geskryf:
>
>  apt-get etc. However with the generally-cheap Internet connections in
>> Europe
>>

> That's unfortunately just a dream for South Africans. Here the general
> thinking is "lets screw the consumer for as long as we can".  :-/
>

>  years ago. You can obviously also download a complete set of binaries to
>> DVDs, and a properly-configured system should then use those in
>> preference to getting them from a remote server.
>>

> As an interim solution I had relatively good success with a program called
> AptOnCD. But that only worked if I kept my work and home PC's relatively in
> sync with applications and architecture.
>

> Regards,
>  - Graeme -
>
> --
> fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
> http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/
>

> --

How about a stock VMWare, VirtualBox, Amazon EC2 image that is setup just
right for perfect Lazarus/FPC development, with all the options setup
exactly right?

Can you setup an Amazon EC2 image with all your preferred goodies, that
anyone could just clone and develop merrily after?

That would solve must FPC/Lazarus installation/configuration issues.

--
Frank Church