[Lazarus] ide hangs...

Eduard Filipas eduard.filipas at volja.net
Wed Mar 16 18:49:28 CET 2011

S, Mattias Gaertner piše:

> Eduard Filipas <eduard.filipas at volja.net> hat am 16. März 2011 um
> 14:26 geschrieben:
>
> > - win7 64 bit
> > - lazarus 9.31 svn:29379 32 bit
> >
> > last thing i remember doing was opening "lazarus (debug)" and now IDE
> > hangs when i try to open it normaly ..lazarus debug says that there was
> > some problem ..with last loading project and offers me a choice to load
> > a new one..
>
> Open another project, disable the option Environment / Options / Form
> editor / open designer on open unit.
>
> Then open your project.
>
> If it still fails to open the project you somehow managed to break the
> lpi file. It would be nice if you can give some hints how you achieved
> this.

well i didnt do anything bypassing ide...what i did yestarday was
uninstaling zeos 6.6.6, deleted files of 6.6.6,installed zeos 7 alpha in
same directory as previus version was ..then didnt do much just tried to
see if local characters were shown in design time activating query..
then i think last thing was opening from win7 menu lazarus (debug)
...closed ide and today all hell break loose.. :D when things hanged...i
opened lpi via notepad ...two things were wrong at first sight one old
file was listed in unit section that does not exist anymore,for week or
so...i dont know if i only renamed it within ide but old name wasnt
shown later among project files but i seen it today in lpi (old file
name doesnt exist on disk either)..then in components section i remember
zeos still had version 6.6.6 instead 7. .

There is one thing i could have done to bring project down ...i remeber
lazarus wrote several times a line
{ TFormSomeForm } which is in blue color ...which i supposue its a comment.
i had it even 3 times writen in pas file..dont know what it stands for
but i deleted it leaving it only in type section in some files but those
seem to load fine ...DataModule has that line two times: under TYPE and
under IMPLEMENTATION