[Lazarus] ide hangs...

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Mar 16 19:09:40 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:49:28 +0100
Eduard Filipas <eduard.filipas at volja.net> wrote:

> [...]
> well i didnt do anything bypassing ide...what i did yestarday was
> uninstaling zeos 6.6.6, deleted files of 6.6.6,installed zeos 7 alpha in
> same directory as previus version was ..then didnt do much just tried to
> see if local characters were shown in design time activating query..
> then i think last thing was opening from win7 menu lazarus (debug)
> ...closed ide and today all hell break loose.. :D when things hanged...i
> opened lpi via notepad ...two things were wrong at first sight one old
> file was listed in unit section that does not exist anymore

An lpi file has no uses section.
Maybe you confused it with the lpr file? A wrong uses section is pretty
normal, so I doubt that this caused the hang.

>,for week or
> so...i dont know if i only renamed it within ide but old name wasnt
> shown later among project files but i seen it today in lpi (old file
> name doesnt exist on disk either)..then in components section i remember
> zeos still had version 6.6.6 instead 7. .
>
> There is one thing i could have done to bring project down ...i remeber
> lazarus wrote several times a line
> { TFormSomeForm } which is in blue color ...which i supposue its a comment.

Yes.
There was a bug some months ago that added the comment several times.

> i had it even 3 times writen in pas file..dont know what it stands for
> but i deleted it leaving it only in type section in some files but those
> seem to load fine ...DataModule has that line two times: under TYPE and
> under IMPLEMENTATION

Normal.
You can disable the auto adding of these comments in the options.

>[...]
> > > also after restarting ide Datamodule is graficly represented as a
> > form..
> >
> > When the IDE can not find the ancestor it opens it as TForm.
> >
> > Was there no warning?
>[...]

Was there?

Mattias