[Lazarus] Lazarus, ReactOS etc.

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 19 19:46:34 CET 2011

Just if someone is curious:

I have now installed the ARWINSS variant of ReactOS in a QEMU VM and
installed Lazarus there. This worked without problems and I then started
Lazarus. A command line window appeared two times (maybe when the
compiler was started) and then Lazarus was there. As the graphic
subsystem of ARWINSS is based on the Wine one the bug mentioned here
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17299 applies and all
(transparent) icons are displayed upside down. I then tried to just run
(F9) the empty project. A console window appeared (again the compiler)
and built the project in the temp directory (that worked). Then the
application was started and BAM bluescreen. Nice one.
I restarted the VM and tested again with a disabled debugger and it
worked. So the debug API of the kernel does not seem to work correctly. ;)

Otherwise Lazarus seems to work with that variant of ReactOS.

Regards,
Sven