[Lazarus] Lazarus, ReactOS etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 20:45:54 CET 2011

Sven Barth wrote:
> Just if someone is curious:
>
> I have now installed the ARWINSS variant of ReactOS in a QEMU VM and
> installed Lazarus there. This worked without problems and I then started
> Lazarus. A command line window appeared two times (maybe when the
> compiler was started) and then Lazarus was there. As the graphic
> subsystem of ARWINSS is based on the Wine one the bug mentioned here
> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17299 applies and all
> (transparent) icons are displayed upside down. I then tried to just run
> (F9) the empty project. A console window appeared (again the compiler)
> and built the project in the temp directory (that worked). Then the
> application was started and BAM bluescreen. Nice one.
> I restarted the VM and tested again with a disabled debugger and it
> worked. So the debug API of the kernel does not seem to work correctly. ;)
>
> Otherwise Lazarus seems to work with that variant of ReactOS.

I suspect that there's a lot of difference between "bleeding edge"
ReactOS or ARWINSS and the last "official" ReactOS release. I definitely
note your positive experience and when time permits (i.e. definitely not
for a few days or weeks) will take another look.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk