[Lazarus] Lazarus Help

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:39:54 CEST 2011

On 30/03/2011 10:14, Michael Schnell wrote:
> It would be GREAT if Lazarus would provide all this right out of the box

I've been saying this for years, but the Lazarus developers can't seem
to make a decision on a offline help format... so we are all stuck (by
default) with the crap online only wiki help.

> I have no idea about the Kylix 3 help files' license and even though I
> once had Kylix I forgot where I should find them, but ....

Kylix Help:
===========
I placed Kylix 3 Open Edition (free version) on the following locations
for download. It's a 91MB download. It includes the help files. The
installation will be a problem on new distros, but you can simply unpack
the .rpm files manually to get to the help files and hyperhelp viewer.

   http://www.4shared.com/file/M7Lzl5kq/kylix3_openeditiontar.html

   http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/~graemeg/kylix3_openedition.tar.gz

Here are instructions for adding Kylix 3 help to Lazarus IDE.

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Help_in_the_IDE#Installing_the_Kylix_Help_in_the_Lazarus_IDE

fpGUI's Docview:
Attached is a screenshot of how to setup DocView with Lazarus IDE, via
the External Tools dialog. INF format help and a slightly old Docview
binary can be downloaded from fpGUI's SourceForge Downloads page. Both
the INF help (with completed FPC Language Reference file) and binary
Docview will be updated soon, with the new fpGUI release.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/