[Lazarus] Latest trunk IDE can't rebuild itself from menu

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 6 14:34:01 CEST 2011

On 06/05/2011 13:54, Juha (gmail) wrote:

> The latest Lazarus trunk revision is r30581.
> Your revision is rather old already.

OK, 'make bigide' didn't update the revision.inc file. Even though I use
the git mirror repository, in the past it used to update to rUnknown,
now it just left the old revision number in tact (which I think is worse
than the old behaviour).

I'm now on:
  Lazarus 0.9.31 r30584-git FPC 2.4.3 x86_64-linux-gtk 2

I also found the problem. Somewhere during the upgrade from 0.9.29 to
0.9.31 the "Configure ide" dialog, all the radio buttons were reset to
"None". Setting the IDE radio button to "build" fixed the issue. :)

PS:
Attached is a script for git users so their revision.inc files can be
updated as well. A manual execution just before a rebuild will do the
trick - at least it's better that reporting the wrong revision.

Usage is as follows:

  $ ./git-svn-getrevision.sh > ide/revision.inc

Anyway, sorry about the false alarm.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/