[Lazarus] Latest trunk IDE can't rebuild itself from menu

Juha (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:02:28 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys kirjoitti perjantai, 6. toukokuuta 2011 15:34:01:
> OK, 'make bigide' didn't update the revision.inc file. Even though I use
> the git mirror repository, in the past it used to update to rUnknown,
> now it just left the old revision number in tact (which I think is worse
> than the old behaviour).
[...]
> PS:
> Attached is a script for git users so their revision.inc files can be
> updated as well. A manual execution just before a rebuild will do the
> trick - at least it's better that reporting the wrong revision.

Good news for you Graeme!
In Tools directory there is "svn2revisioninc" which you should compile. After
that the revision gets updated to correct value also when using a git repo.
I am doing it all the time with git-svn link and Lazarus About-box shows the
correct revision. :)

The change was made by Mario Bonati, issue #18156.
The issue report has your comments, too.

Regards,
Juha