[Lazarus] fppkg front end

dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Tue May 10 11:09:56 CEST 2011

 On Tue, 10 May 2011 11:38:47 +0300, "Juha (gmail)"
 <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Darius Blaszyk kirjoitti tiistai, 10. toukokuuta 2011 02:24:39:
>> Please review and commit if approved.
>
> Commit where?
 ./trunk/components/lazfppkg/

> I noticed you wrote also to forum thread suggesting a similar
> installer:
>  http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,12827
 No, not a similar installer, but exactly the same graphical frontend to
 fppkg. I just put up a link to this mailinglist.

> This idea seems to boil in "collective subconsciousness" or
> where-ever it
> boils. Anyway many people are getting the same idea.
> This must be synchronized or else effort and energy get wasted.
 Hence the link I put up on the forum and the original email to the
 lazarus list.

> There is already one repo created for it (see the forum thread).
> Should it be
 Yes there's a repository, but it should stay with Lazarus imho. Besides
 the idea of the person that created the repository was planning to
 create his own package manager.

> used? Lazarus trunk may not be the best place because of limited
> access for
> potential committers.
 Lack of resources is no proper reason to start a new repository. If you
 have doubts then please make functional remarks. I have supplied patches
 for several years now with success and I can also commit to the tree
 myself. However I find it polite to ask on the list first before adding
 new components.

 Regards, Darius