[Lazarus] fppkg front end

Juha (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:44:53 CEST 2011

dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl kirjoitti tiistai, 10. toukokuuta 2011 12:09:56:
> > I noticed you wrote also to forum thread suggesting a similar
> > installer:
> >  http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,12827
>
>  No, not a similar installer, but exactly the same graphical frontend to
>  fppkg. I just put up a link to this mailinglist.

Yes, my wording was inaccurate. I meant that people on the forum thread
suggested a similar installer. That's why I suggested uniting the efforts.

>  Yes there's a repository, but it should stay with Lazarus imho. Besides
>  the idea of the person that created the repository was planning to
>  create his own package manager.
>
> > used? Lazarus trunk may not be the best place because of limited
> > access for potential committers.
>
>  Lack of resources is no proper reason to start a new repository. If you
>  have doubts then please make functional remarks. I have supplied patches
>  for several years now with success and I can also commit to the tree
>  myself. However I find it polite to ask on the list first before adding
>  new components.

The problem is that people don't know about the existing development, or
similar ideas from other people. That's partly why the person (Glenn) wanted
to create his own package manager.
I was just trying to figure out what is the most flexible way to commit code of
potential devels. They can't get access to Lazarus trunk at once, thus another
repo would be a good idea.

Juha