[Lazarus] OT : Wanted demo to generate and walk through a 2D in 3D simple graphics.

Peter Williams peterericwilliams at gmail.com
Sun May 15 05:49:34 CEST 2011

Hi Kjow,

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Kjow <antispammoni at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/14 Peter Williams <peterericwilliams at gmail.com>:
>> The other issue with your program (and this is really not a problem
>> except that I want to extend your code) is that I want to use my own
>> maze generating code which creates a maze with 10 directions... all
>> compass points plus up and down. The problem is that I need to be able
>> to draw up or down _stairs_ at any of the 8 possible compass points.
>> That is the challenge for you, if you are up to it. :-)
>>
>> I already have the code for generating my type of 10 directions maze.
>> Let me know if you want it.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Peter
>
> Maybe you can use more "spaces" to extend directions, but I didn't
> understand totally.
> To make up/down maybe you can use a progressbar and every step
> indicates the floor...

I don't understand your meaning for the progressbar. Stairs up or down
should be drawn in place of walls. That is how up or down exits should
be shown.

Your code generates mazes with exits for N, S, E, W. It is missing the
exits for NE, NW, SE, SW as we as each of these exits can go up or
down a level. This is defined as a 2D array with a level (up, level,
down) for each element defining stairs (or not).

> I haven't time to extra works at now, I already work from 9 to 11
> hours/day at a main project. Extra time is really scant.
>
> However, I suggest you to practice a bit with GLScene and learn how it
> works. It is so powerful that can make things really easy... but it
> need a bit of practice to start.
>
> Official forum is a good start.

I have reported the errors in compiling GLScene to the forum as well
as my instructions on the field variable which has it's definition
missing 2 x "identifier idents no member" fatal errors. This should be
a simply matter of defining this.

Best Regards,
Peter