[Lazarus] LCL not in build profiles ?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon May 23 21:51:50 CEST 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011 20:48:04 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> [...]
> > a) Open package FCL and click compile. Because almost all packages
> > depend on that package the others will be recompiled automatically when
> > needed.
>
> Well, this is what I do now. But all this does not explain why you simply
> don't provide the option 'rebuild all packages' in the 'build' dialog of
> the IDE. It's just a checkbox, after all.

The checkbox exists and is called 'clean all'.

IMO the project needs a "Rebuild all ..." menu item.

> I don't like to depend exclusively on 'automated' mechanisms.
> They must be there, I won't argue about that, but I always
> want a manual override. This manual override used to be there,
> now it is gone. From my point of view, this is a step backwards.

There are manual overrides. The 'clean all' still exists.
You got build modes and automatic compile. The only thing that is
gone is to define profiles to build LCL, CodeTools, IDEIntf. These
settings confused many users. Since they are gone, these
problems are gone.

When project groups are implemented parts of the "configure build
lazarus" dialog will become obsolete, maybe the whole dialog.

Mattias