[Lazarus] Support for dotted unit name

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:11:11 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Lazarus only supports one GUI: LCL.

False, KOL-CE works in Lazarus too.

> The new strings also are an FPC issue, which may require a different LCL.

Based on what you say that? I fixed trunk usage with FPC 2.7 today
with trivial changes, so the new strings are not problematic.

> Embarcadero could not provide designers for FireMonkey right now, and
> Lazarus will run into the same problem - as can be seen with the fpGui
> widgetset (which is more LCL compatible than FireMonkey or KsDev).
> Embarcadero failed with a VCL.NET, now they even don't try to provide a
> VCL.FireMonkey. Lazarus is even more problematic, since it cannot load a
> different component library dynamically, instead it must be rebuilt for a
> different FMCL.

Now your comments are getting even wierder.

Did you actually ever use LCL-fpgui?

It looks like you are not aware that since ever Lazarus supports
designing for any widgetset regardless of the widgetset of the IDE.

I can even give you a screenshot:
http://www.vhpd.de/wp-content/gallery/lazarus-tutorial-win-ce/vhpd_lazarus_wince_s4.jpg

aham, so how do you explain that?

--