[Lazarus] How do use sockets?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 07:44:17 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is LNet still being developed.

I sent some patches some months ago including perl-like regular
expression integration into TLTelnet, but from what I remember
Almindor never answered my mails.

Maybe I should just commit directly, probably I have commit rights.

> Why not simply use Indy 10.5.x.

I checked Indy some time ago because there was a bounty but I was
quite lost at how to use it, it seamed much more complex then lnet /
synapse.

I also disliked that from their website I got the feeling that Indy is
just a legacy, it seams they have a new version written in C#. From my
experience this is a strong sign to be very suspicious of them. If
they prefered to reimplement from zero instead of using the Pascal
version from .NET projects I have strong doubts about their commitment
to the Pascal version. The tendency of people that support two APIs
which do the same is eventually dropping one of them (for example the
removal of Carbon from Mac x86_64)

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho