[Lazarus] Is win32 svn broken?

Gregory M. Turner gmt at malth.us
Fri Oct 14 10:07:48 CEST 2011

> Sorry for the hassle.

No worries!

> Please test.

It works.

> P.S.
> Git is cool.

Yes!

> I run "git revert" for the relevant revisions, then combined them and
> committed to server.
> Then I created a local branch and reverted again the earlier created
> "revert-commit".
> So I got my changes saved there, waiting until I have time to work on
> them.

Yeah, after working with distributed VCSes for a while, going back and trying to live with subversion seems almost impossible.

I keep thinking, when I use subversion: why don't we just store batches of RCS commits on punch-cards and syndicate via UUCP?  The end result would imo be O(1) of svn.

Not that I fault anybody for using it -- I use it internally, in fact.  But,... come now... one monolithic linear repository relying on a _convention_ of "branch" _directories_?  Each repo hosted at a canonical url, which we need constant access to in order to get anything done?  A self-described "better cvs"?  It really is quite regressive.

-gmt