[Lazarus] cwstring in arm-linux

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Oct 19 18:47:34 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 01:14:50PM +0200, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> > Not that I know. And btw, I also use arm-linux without android, so please
> > keep that target intact and aligned with normal linux ports.
>
> What is the difference between using cwstring and paswstring? Any
> reason for not wanting to use paswstring?

Simply integrating with the OS, and avoid inclusion of tables when not
necessary.

Moreover you are stating something as a fact here that was not discussed at
all.

> They should be 100% equal, except that one does not require any
> external libraries. If you can test and check if there are any
> differences of course would be excelent =)

I haven't been testing it, and don't plan to. I'm not interested in it, and
am not interested in growing the binaries unnecessarily.

I have no problem with having a second option for the people that do want
it, but that is something entirely different from what you were saying.

Cwstring is staying on all normal targets as far as I know.