[Lazarus] Spurious package rebuild

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 15:56:34 CEST 2011

I'm in the habit of building Lazarus from clean using  make bigide
rather than rebuilding from inside the IDE. Part of the reason for that
is that until recently a couple of the platforms I use here (SPARC and
ARM) did not have a functional IDE due to alignment issues.

Over the last few weeks I've noticed that the first project I build
inside the IDE also (re)builds a number of packages before it gets onto
the project, this takes a significant amount of time on a tight system
and is particularly inefficient since a chunk of RAM is occupied by the IDE.

If these packages are being rebuilt, what can be done to force them to
be built correctly during the initial make?

If they are not being rebuilt, what needs to be done to force them to be
built during the initial make?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk