[Lazarus] Spurious package rebuild

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 16:02:05 CEST 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> I'm in the habit of building Lazarus from clean using  make bigide
> rather than rebuilding from inside the IDE. Part of the reason for that
> is that until recently a couple of the platforms I use here (SPARC and
> ARM) did not have a functional IDE due to alignment issues.
>
> Over the last few weeks I've noticed that the first project I build
> inside the IDE also (re)builds a number of packages before it gets onto
> the project, this takes a significant amount of time on a tight system
> and is particularly inefficient since a chunk of RAM is occupied by the
> IDE.
>
> If these packages are being rebuilt, what can be done to force them to
> be built correctly during the initial make?
>
> If they are not being rebuilt, what needs to be done to force them to be
> built during the initial make?

I missed a bit. This is Lazarus trunk on FPC 2.7.1, and at the start of
the project build (i.e. the point at which I tell it to build an app)
the console shows

[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] A
TMainIDE.DoInitProjectRun A True 0
TMainIDE.DoInitProjectRun B
TLazPackageGraph.CheckIfCurPkgOutDirNeedsCompile  Compiler custom params
changed for FCL 1.0.1
   Old=" -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -gl -vewnhi -l fcllaz.pas"
   Now=" -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -gw2 -godwarfsets -gl -vewnhi -l -gw -gl
-godwarfsets -gh -gt -Co -Cr -Ci -Sa fcllaz.pas"

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk