[Lazarus] RDL encrypt/decrypt

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 22:14:30 CEST 2011

On 12 September 2011 21:25, Leonardo M. Ramé  wrote:
> Hi, I need to encrypt/decrypt a string using RDL encryption.
>
> In Delphi I use TPLockBox, but I can't compile it using FPC.
>
> Does anyone knows a replacement for it?.

I don't know RDL encryption, but if you can use other encryption
schemes, the tiOPF2 has an encryption factory method and encryption
interface which you can use. This allows you to switching the actual
encryption scheme or implement others without change your code that
uses encryption. tiOPF2 includes DES, Blowfish, Simple and None (handy
for debugging) out of the box. The encryption code in tiOPF does not
depend on any of the other tiOPF units - so is very easy to use as a
stand-alone feature. Of course the code is well unit tested too.

If you are interested, see the tiEncrypt unit in the Core directory,
and the tiEncryptXXX units in the Options directory. tiOPF is hosted
on SourceForge.

  - Graeme -