[Lazarus] debug hints in lazarus [Re: [fpc-devel] Status and ideas about debug info (stabs, dwarf / dwar3)]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Sep 13 21:45:51 CEST 2011

On 13/09/2011 20:31, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> The "Watch List" window is rather broken as far as I'm concerned.

First 3 are gtk issues. Maybe even related to the grid => they will get
better attention, if described as issue of the relevant component.

If I remember them, next time when I boot linux, I may check that, and
change them. But I don't boot linux that oftne, and I can't gurantee I
remember.
Problem is anyone maintaining gtk2, is unlikely to spot a bug labbeled
"WATCH / Debugger"

4th : not storing sizes of columns => yep that is true...
   problem is, it currently doesn't bother me to much (probably because
on windows I get a resize-mouse pointer, and it is easy and quick to
change) => So it currently gets pushed behind plenty of other issues.

5th: string 0 vs 1 base: that applies to hints too => it's nothing to do
with the watch window. (But yes, point taken, your logging does it correct)
   need to check dwarf3, (though the ide needs a couple of other fixes
fordwarf3 first)

>> I can even save the entire recorded debug session to a file. And import it.
> That's pretty neat.
Debug Windows => history (or lazarus developer blog)

>> I am not sure what the minimum fpc version for this is.
> I'll get a fpc trunk update tomorrow and retest.

I definitely used it before 2.6 was branched => so it was in 2.5.1
I do not know about 2.4.x