[Lazarus] debug hints in lazarus [Re: [fpc-devel] Status and ideas about debug info (stabs, dwarf / dwar3)]

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Sep 13 22:18:38 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 20:17 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> > I just say from my personal experience,  I can live without it, but
> that may
> > just be me.
>
> And I'm just saying that debugging is Delphi is so much less effort
> than with FPC. In Delphi I can get on with my work, in Lazarus I have
> to fight a debugger. But please don't take this the wrong way, I am
> really glad to see all your hard work and efforts in trying to improve
> debugging under Lazarus. It is definitely improving.

Funny how experiences can differ. For me, debugging on Lazarus works
better than with Delphi. That's because when you're debugging on Delphi,
the IDE is scaled down to the feature-level of Notepad. Code-completion
and code-lookup do not work anymore (and they are already not as good as
Lazarus' codetools)

Joost
--
My Lazarus blog: http://www.lazarussupport.com/lazarus/weblog