[Lazarus] The color of special characters in the Source Editor

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Sep 16 18:29:07 CEST 2011

On 15/09/2011 15:00, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 15/09/2011 15:51, Martin wrote:
>> ---
>> I do like 1, for the problem at hand, spaces in comment may still be
>> blue-ish (or whatever your setting, but faded to background
> +1
>
> I like your option (1) as well.
>
> Comments will still look like comments - unlike my color scheme where
> comments are green, but Backgound and Spaces are block or dark grey.

For now I went for the cheapest options.
I implemented a "visualized special char" color/attribute settng

It works highlighter independent, and acts on all space/tabs (if they
are visualized). The default is not to modify them.

Now you can set the foreground color of all of them to a new value
(sorry no alpha yet). So you got a black background, you set a dark grey.

Only issue: if you have different background colors for comment, string,
normal-text => then you still have only one "space" foreground color for
all of them. You can override the background too => but that probably
would not look that nice.

You can set frames, but they will act as "one per group of whitespace".
so you can not frame each tab separately.