[Lazarus] Updated docs

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:06:26 CEST 2011

On 21/09/2011, Michael Schnell wrote:

> in the command line, but I don't see what the "/path/to/fpdoc" is
> supposed to be.

The full path to your 'fpdoc' executable that came with FPC.

> mschnell at mschnell-Linux:~/Downloads/svn/lazarus/trunk/docs/html>
> ./build_lcl_docs --outfmt ipf --fpdoc ~/Downloads/svn/fpc/trunk/utils/fpdoc
> Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit /paswstring.pas
> Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit forms/forms.pp

This is warnings generated by 'build_lcl_docs', not 'fpdoc'.

eg:
$ ./build_lcl_docs --showcmd
Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit /Controls_lcl.pas
Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit /paswstring.pas
Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit forms/forms.pp
fpdoc --content=lcl.xct --package=lcl --descr=../../xml/lcl/lcl.xml
--input=@inputfile.txt  --format=html
--descr=../../xml/lcl//actnlist.xml
--descr=../../xml/lcl//alllclunits.xml
--descr=../../xml/lcl//arrow.xml
--descr=../../xml/lcl//asyncprocess.xml
--descr=../../xml/lcl//avglvltree.xml
--descr=../../xml/lcl//barchart.xml --descr=../../xml/lcl//butt
....snip...

Passing the --showcmd parameter, simply outputs how it will call
fpdoc, but doesn't actually call it. Yet those "Warnings" are there.

For more information on what parameters 'build_lcl_docs' support, pass
the --help parameter to it.

> "build_lcl_docs" seemingly calls fpdoc and fpdoc is the program that
> crashes.

I think it might be due to the warnings generated by build_lcl_docs,
but I might be wrong. I suggest you use the --showcmd parameter, and
save the console output to a file. Then comment blocks of lines to
narrow down what parameter / unit causes fpdoc to crash in your case.

  - Graeme -