[Lazarus] Spurious package rebuild

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Sep 22 20:00:04 CEST 2011

On 22/09/2011 18:46, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>> On 22/09/2011 17:16, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>>> Either use lazbuild to build the packages.
>>> Or remove the options from the 'Configure build lazarus' dialog to
>>> compile the same as 'make'.
>>>

>> Actually this is a temporary problem.
>>
>> The makefiles will need to be updated, as soon as the current work on
>> the compiler option dialog is finished.
>> Every package uses the compileroption dialog. And that has changed
>> the default
>
> Thanks Martin and Mattias, so in effect it's something best tolerated
> for the moment.
>
> Are the options used when compiling FPC itself relevant?

I don't think so.

Actually to be noted that your diffs seem more than just the change of
compiler-options-dialog

     Old=" -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -gl -vewnhi -l fcllaz.pas"
     Now=" -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -gw2 -godwarfsets -gl -vewnhi -l -gw -gl
-godwarfsets -gh -gt -Co -Cr -Ci -Sa fcllaz.pas"

the first "-gl" versus "-gw -godwarfset" is the option dialog. The rest
is something you must have put in somewhere.

Also seeing the -gw -godwarsets twice => I guess you already had that in
there before?