[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 is branched

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Apr 5 22:33:55 CEST 2012

On 4/5/2012 14:54, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 4/5/2012 12:53, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>> In another words, if I used lazbuild I had compile just one time. Is
>> that you mean?
[...]
> so a whole new svn install can go like this...
>
> 1- get the sources from SVN /branches/fixes_1_0/
> 2- make lazbuild lcl ideintf components tools starter
> 3- lazbuild --build-ide= --build-mode=
> 4. copy lazarus.new.exe lazarus.exe (i don't know why lazbuild doesn't, yet)

[trim]
> whereas an update would be like so...
>
> 1- make clean
> 2- svn up
> 3- make lazbuild lcl ideintf components tools starter
> 4- lazbuild --build-ide= --build-mode=
> 5. copy lazarus.new.exe lazarus.exe (i don't know why lazbuild doesn't, yet)

yes! i can confirm that the update workflow (above) works without building a new
ide first and then building another one with lazbuild... this definitely saves
some time ;)

i will assume that the new load from svn workflow (also above) works without
building an ide and then another with lazbuild... i will try to incorporate this
into my copy of the wiki instruction scripts and see how it goes...

it is actually easier than i thought and i would never have gotten this far
without the help and explanations from mattias and others who tossed in nuggets
here and there...