[Lazarus] Development of other revision control

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 02:07:39 CEST 2012

Dawson schrieb:
> Hi again Reinier,
>
> yes, I know what Darius (et al.) have done in lazsvnpkg is a plugin, and
> I really think it will be helpful. In a message from Darius, I got the
> impression that his work is open source, and it certainly would be a
> great building block.
>
> Is there a reason not to make an API, as opposed to a plugin for
> Lazarus? I guess in some ways the plugin system is nice since it doesn't
> force anything on anyone, but on the other hand it seems odd to me that
> a developer wouldn't want access to a "source code management" system
> built into their IDE.

I for my part prefer to use a VCS that comes with its own GUI, like Git
or SVN (TortoiseSVN). Actually I use both, i.e. SVN for FPC and Lazarus
itself, and Git for my other projects, and invoke them in the Windows
Explorer whenever needed. Other platforms may not come with such
comfort, there an IDE integration may make more sense.

DoDi