[Lazarus] TProcess, UTF8, Windows

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:01:49 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Jürgen Hestermann
<juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:
> Huh? Now I know why it is as it is.
> How can you say that all this is obvious?
> Why is it obvious that FindFirst expects ANSI enconding
> while CopyFile needs UTF8. How should a programmer know this?
> It does not fall from sky.

I said that the ansistring example is obvious, not the encodings,
which indeed are a gotcha. For the encodings I only said that it would
be too much duplication. It is better to document this issues once in
1 single place. And we already have a large documentation about all of
this. Just read here:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/LCL_Unicode_Support

About FindFirst, you should know that there is FindFirstUTF8:
http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/lcl/fileutil/findfirstutf8.html

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho