[Lazarus] Right click, paste as string?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:23:16 CEST 2012

On 21 April 2012 11:40, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:

> I.e. indenting, appending quotes and + sign, and escaping existing
> quotes. (In this case, it's SQL and having an extra space at the end of
> the line before the closing quote would be even nicer but that's
> something of a special case)
>
> Is that possible in Lazarus?

It is not currently available in Lazarus, but as suggested it might be
in 'Lazarus Data Desktop'.

Alternatively, I maintain a stand-alone tool called tiSQLEditor
(mainly for use with tiOPF) which does exactly what you mentioned with
indentation etc. It can also do the reverse so you can copy string SQL
from your code and paste it back into tiSQLEditor as a query. The name
tiSQLEditor is a bit deceiving, as it is much more than just a SQL
editor, but the other functionality is more related to tiOPF. If you
are interested, I can send you a pre-compiled executable. Just let me
know what platform and what database server you connect too (I mainly
use Firebird).

  - Graeme -