[Lazarus] Removing read-only files in FileUtil.DeleteDirectory ?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 13:58:39 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Reinier Olislagers <
reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29-4-2012 13:28, Juha Manninen wrote:
> > Regarding issue #21855
> >   http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21855
> >
> > I am planning to reject the patch but I would like to have other
> > opinions, too.
>
> Actually, I'd like to have the possibility to delete an entire directory
> with read only files without having to recursively remove the read only
> attribute first.... just as long as it doesn't do so by default.
>
> Can e.g. be handy for backup programs removing old backup trees...
>
> Oh, and thanks for asking the list, Juha!

I realize it would be useful sometimes.
However on *nix systems you can't change a file's read-only status if you
are not the file's owner.
It may cause more problems than it solves them.
Can it be solved in a clever way, I don't know.

Zeljan's opinion is to reject the feature. I haven't heard other opinions
yet.

Juha