[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Aug 3 16:24:03 CEST 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> hat am 3. August 2012 um 15:51
geschrieben:> Hi,

> On 3 August 2012 14:28, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> >
> > "make all" does not build lhelp.
>
> Why not? I though LHelp is now the default help viewer, and CHM help
> should work out of the box?

For historical reasons the "all" target builds the default, it does not build
all add ons and not all nice-to-haves.

> > Have you installed the chmhelppkg?
>
> I shouldn't need to, especially when we were told "help now works out
> of the box".

I always wrote "... in the binaries".
Of course you can build an IDE without chmhelppkg.

> > Not in custom builds. The binaries were built with "make bigide" and
> > includes the chm files in docs/chm.
>
> The README.txt doesn't mention that 'make clean all' is a custom build
> instruction. That is not how other Linux apps (compiled from source)
> works either. 'make all' is the standard build instruction to get a
> default setup for any linux apps compiled from source. Any other
> 'make' parameters are considered "custom builds".

I"m not aware that there is a law that say that a "default setup" must use an
offline help instead of an online help.

The lazarus sources do not contain the chm files, so the default make must not
rely on them.

Mattias