[Lazarus] Block indent config

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Aug 7 19:53:52 CEST 2012

Am 2012-08-07 18:08, schrieb Martin:
> Were do you expect the config for the ctrl-i indent to come from?

I don't know. There are so many settings all over the config window.
If none is clearly showing that it has to do with Ctrl+I/U then I don't know it.
And it's especially confusing when I see that Ctrl+I/U indents by 2 columns
but none of the setting is set to 2.

If "Tab indents blocks" is a setting independent from the two following numbers then it should not prepend it.
This looks as if these settings only apply if "Tab indents blocks" is checked.

I would move the "Tab indents blocks" below the two settings because otherwise these two
settings "Block indent (spaces)" and "Block indent (tabs)" suggest that they are related to "Tab indents blocks".

Also, I would use a common heading for both settings and would put both to the left as in:
The block indent function (Ctrl+I/U) adds/removes the following:
[] space(s) plus
[] tab(s)

[] Tab indents blocks too

Having the second config so far to the right looks as if has nothing to do with the left side.
It looks more as if all settings are put in two columns.